If you just see blank page, when trying to load a game, the problem is usually crashed flash player. The quick help for this is to restart the computer, or try with different browser like Microsoft Edge, Chrome or Firefox.
You can also check the settings in Google Chrome:
To enable Flash for all websites, open your Chrome browser and type chrome://settings/content in the address bar, then press enter(1). Then on the Content Settings page, scroll down to Flash and select the button next to ‘Allow sites to run Flash.
You can find more information from Adobe’s homepage https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6258784
General for desktop/laptop computers
Sometimes the issue is caused by your device, so please be sure, that you have completed these steps, before contacting customer support:
- Restart the browser you are using. Sometimes there is just a process that is hanging/jammed and you simple need to restart the browser
- Restart your computer / device
- Try with different browser
- Clear the cookies and cache. Here are the instructions for most popular browsers:
Internet Explorer (11)
- Open the Tools menu.
- Near the bottom of the Tools drop-down, click Internet options.
- On the General tab, click the Delete button under Browsing history.
- Make sure Temporary Internet files and website files is selected.
- Click Delete.
- Open the menu.
- Select History.
- Select Clear Recent History…
- Click the down arrow beside Details and make sure Cache is selected.
- In the drop-down called Time range to clear:, choose Everything.
- Click Clear Now.
- Open the Tools menu, then select More tools.
- Click the Clear browsing data button.
- Make sure Cached images and files is selected.
- In the drop-down called Obliterate the following items from:, select the beginning of time.
- Click Clear browsing data.
- Click the Safari menu.
- Select Reset Safari.
- Make sure Empty the Cache is selected.
- Click Reset.
Troubleshooting for iOS (Apple devices)
- Close any apps currently running in the background.When you tap the Home button on your device, the app you are using doesn’t close; it minimizes but remains running so that you can return to it quickly. That handy feature can result in too many apps running at the same time, which can ultimately slow your entire device down and prevent apps from launching.Double-tap your Home button, and you will see your open apps displayed as large tiles. Swipe each tile in an upward motion to close the corresponding app. When you have only your home screen remaining, all your background apps are closed.
- Power the device off and back on.Just like any computer, your iOS device needs to be restarted from time to time to clear the cobwebs. Press and hold the Power button, then slide to power off when prompted.
- Check for software updates.
To check for an iOS update, launch the Settings app. In the left hand menu, choose General, then Software Update. If there is an update available, it will prompt you to Download and Install.
- Use different browser, like Safari or Google Chrome.
- Clear cache and cookies in iOS
From the home screen, tap the Settings button.
On the Settings screen, scroll down and tap the Safari button.
Under the ‘Privacy’ section of the Safari screen, tap the button labeled Clear Cookies and Data.
On the confirmation screen, tap Clear Cookies and Data.
Troubleshooting for Android devices
- Restart your device.Turning the device off and back on is a great first step when you’re having issues. Press and hold the Power button, then follow any prompts that appear to confirm the restart.
- Clear the app data and cache.Android apps use a memory cache function similar to a Web browser cache. Just as clearing your cache for a website is useful for resolving loading issues, we recommend clearing your app cache.Open the Settings menu on your device, and select Application Manager. Tap the name of the browser you are using in the list of applications. Tap the Clear data and Clear cache buttons.
- Force-quit the browser.When you tap your device’s Home button, the app you were using doesn’t close, it just minimizes while continuing to run in the background. Force-quitting will close the app fully and let it start from scratch the next time you launch it.Open the Settings menu on your device, and select Application Manager. Tap Chrome or the browser you are using in the list of applications. Tap the Force quit or Force stop button.
- Try with different browser
Still not working?
If you still cannot load the game, you can contact support, please be ready to answer to the following questions:
- Your device model and operating system name and version.
- What browsers have you tried?
- Can you use any other website, like google.com
- What kind of internet connection you are using? Wireless, wifi, mobile connection?
- Does it work when you try with another device?
- What is the error you are getting?
- Does any other game load? Try NetEnt, Microgaming, Pragmatic games
- Possible screenshot of the error