1. Acceptance of Terms
Chanz is an Estonian company with reg. no. 12712036, licensed to operate online gambling services (i.e. games of chance and betting played for money) („Services“) on the Site by the Estonian Tax and Customs Board (activity license no. HKT000023 and operating permit no. HKL000181 for games of chance and activity license no. HTK000030 and operating permit no. HKL000218 for betting).
Please read these Terms carefully before using the Services. By accessing the Site or using any Services available on the Site you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms. This constitutes a legally binding agreement governing our relationship with you in relation to the use of the Site and Services. If you disagree with any part of the Terms then you may not access the Site.
By using Chanz.com & chanzblog.com you agree to all the terms below.
2. User Conduct
You agree that you WILL:
- Comply with all applicable laws;
- Provide accurate information to us and keep it updated;
- Use your real name, address and contact information on your Chanz account if you are registering an account.
You agree that you WILL NOT:
- Act dishonestly or fraudulently;
- Misrepresent your identity or create a false identity on Chanz;
- Create a Chanz account for anyone other than yourself (a real person);
- Use or attempt to use another’s Chanz account;
- Use your Chanz account for conducting any criminal activities, including money laundering or terrorist financing;
- Use the Services if it is illegal in your country of residence or it is otherwise restricted for you to open a gaming account, purchase or use the Services from Chanz;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology, or any part thereof;
- Use manual or automated software, devices, scripts robots, other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” the Services or any related data or information;
- Employ or make use of any system (including machines, robots, computers, software or any other automated methods) designed to influence or defeat the Services or other Chanz applications and/or software on the Site;
- Override any security feature of the Services;
- Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Services (e.g. spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms etc.).
You cannot use our site in someone else’s name or for dishonest or illegal purposes, or interfere with site operations, and do other crazy stuff.
Be reasonable and responsible, don’t do anything stupid and you’ll be fine.
3. Promotional Offers in Chanzblog.com
Time to time we are offering promotional offers in our blog. These promotions are solely organized by us, and not any third party like Facebook. All results are drawn randomly and once done, they cannot be contested. Chanz & Dreambox Employees are prohibited to take part to these promotions.
If we ask you to submit your name and other details, this is only used to draw the winner.
You will not receive any unsolicited marketing material from us unless you give your consent to that.
Which personal data we collect at chanz.com / chanz.ee
You will be asked to provide certain personal information – information that can be used to identify you – when you visit the Site, register for a Chanz account and use the Services. Personal information that we collect will include your full name, date of birth and/or personal identification code (or similar national identification number), home address, email address and phone number. We also collect other information such as your billing information, transaction history, website usage preferences, and feedback regarding the Services. As a result of your use of the Services we maintain activity logs unique to you that collect traffic information such as your source IP address, date and time of access, web page(s) visited, language use, software crash reports and type of browser used. If you use a social media account (such as Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc.) when setting up and signing in to your account with us, we get access to the information of your public profile information.
Purposes of Processing Your Data
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- making our Services available to you (including customer support and processing of your transactions);
- maintaining quality of our Services;
- legal and regulatory reasons;
- identity verification and fraud prevention; and
- marketing, based on the opt-in principle meaning that we only conduct marketing activities based on your valid consent.
The Transfer of Personal Data by us and to us
Your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties without your consent, except when:
- we have to transfer data to our cooperation partners in order for them to provide us services which in turn enable us provide Services to you (e.g. we disclose your data to providers of payment services and customer support services, game producers, affiliated companies of Chanz);
- we are obliged to transfer the data due to legal or regulatory reasons (e.g. to the Estonian Tax and Customs Board and to law enforcement agencies);
- we have legitimate interests for transferring the data (e.g. to law enforcement agencies where we deem it necessary or appropriate in case of suspicion of fraud, intellectual property violation, piracy or the investigation of other illegal activity that may result in our legal liability, as well as transferring data to the court and other institutions and persons in order to protect our legal claims)
All recipients of personal data are obliged to protect your personal data at least at the same level as Chanz.
Where the Content that you post or information that you transfer to us by any other means includes the personal data of other persons (e.g. the names, e-mail addresses or other personalised data of your friends), it is your obligation to make sure that these people have consented to such transfer and the posting of their data. You are responsible for making sure that you have the right to transfer the aforementioned data to us.
We store your personal data in servers located in the European Union. If any of the recipients of your personal data are located outside the European Union, we make sure that the data will be transferred to such third persons in accordance with applicable legal requirements and that your personal data will be protected at a level equal to the level of data protection in the European Union.
Use of Electronic Contact Details
We may send the following information to you by e-mail or phone:
- direct marketing offers on the condition that you have consented to receiving direct marketing offers upon creating your account or through your account at a later stage. You may withdraw your consent at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the e-mail or by removing the respective tick on your account under the section “Account Details”;
We use both first party cookies (i.e. cookies that are set by this Site directly) as well as third party cookies (i.e. cookies set on your machine by external websites whose services are used on this Site; e.g. the sharing buttons across the site allowing you to share Content onto social networks).
Currently we operate an ‘implied consent’ policy which means that we assume you are happy with this cookie usage. If you are not happy, then you should either not use this Site, or you should delete the cookies having visited the Site, or you should browse the Site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (called “Incognito” in Chrome, “InPrivate” for Internet Explorer, “Private Browsing” in Firefox and Safari etc.)
Storing Personal Data
If you have started creating an account on the Site but have not finalised the process, we store the personal data you have inserted for three months to contact you for the purpose of finalizing the process of creating the account.
If you have created an account, we have a legal obligation to store your personal data for five years after you have ceased using our Services. In some cases we are obliged or justified to store your data for a longer period of time. You have a right to request from us additional information regarding the period of storage of your personal data.
Your rights regarding the processing of your personal data
You have a right to receive information about your personal data that are processed by Chanz as well as the purposes, ways and legal grounds of the processing. You also have a right to receive copies and extractions of your personal data that are being processed. You have a right to rectification of inaccurate data and to the completion of incomplete data if the data processed are incorrect or inaccurate.
You have a right to ask for the data to be transmitted to you. We will transmit the data to you in a machine-readable file by e-mail.
You have a right to the erasure of personal data unless we have a legitimate interest or other legal basis for keeping the data (as described above in section “Storing Personal Data “).
Should you wish to exercise your aforementioned rights or if you believe that we have violated your rights when processing your personal data, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com. We will respond to your inquiries within one month at the latest. We strive to solve any misunderstandings by way of negotiations. In case of a dispute you are entitled to approach the Estonian Data Protection Inspectorate (Väike-Ameerika 19, 10129 Tallinn; website www.aki.ee) or a competent court.
We protect your personal information.
We may share your information with third parties only if it is necessary for providing Services to you or where we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so.
5. Content Sharing
Our Services allow posting and sharing of content, such as your Chanz profile and avatar, your game-play level achievements, user comments, messages, links, photographs, other text etc.) („Content“). The Content contains your personal data. Content that you share or post may be seen by other Chanz account holders. Where we have made settings available, we will honor the choices you make about who can see your Content.
You agree that you are responsible for all Content that you post to the Site. Chanz does not control user submitted Content and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You agree not to use the Services to post or transmit any Content that is libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, profane, or that infringes any copyright, right to protection of personal data or other right of any person.
We are not obligated to publish any Content on our Services and can remove it in our sole discretion, with or without notice.
You are responsible for any information you share on the site. You cannot use our site to post offensive materials
When you share information the site, others can see, copy and use that information.
6. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
To the extent allowed under law, Chanz (a) disclaims all implied warranties and representations about the Services (e.g. warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of data, safety and noninfringement); (b) does not guarantee that Services will function without interruption or errors, and (c) provides the Services (including Content and information) on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
To the extent permitted under law, Chanz shall not be liable to you or others for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, or any loss of data, opportunities, reputation, profits or revenues, related to the Services.
In no event shall the liability of Chanz exceed, in the aggregate for all claims, the amount of EUR 1,000.
This is our disclaimer of legal liability for the quality, safety, or availability of our Services.
These are the limits of legal liability we may have towards you if things go wrong.
We may terminate or suspend any and all Services and/or your Chanz account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms. Upon termination of your account, your right to use the Services will immediately cease.
You may discontinue using the Services any time but please note that this may trigger inactivity fees. If you wish to permanently close your Chanz account, please contact the customer support.
We may stop providing services at any time.
You can stop using your account or close it at any time as well.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If the alterations constitute a material change to the Terms, we will notify you by posting an announcement on the Site. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion. You shall be responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any such modifications. Using any Service following notification of a material change to the Terms shall constitute your acceptance of the Terms as modified.
You agree that the laws of the Republic of Estonia shall exclusively govern any dispute relating to or under these Terms and/or the Services. We both agree that all of these claims can only be litigated in the Harju County Court (Tallinn, Estonia), and we each agree to personal jurisdiction in this court.
In the unlikely event we end up in a legal dispute, it will take place in Estonian courts, applying Estonian law.
Any claim regarding a transaction related to your Chanz account shall be made to us within three months after the transaction, payment and/or settlement took place, or should have taken place; otherwise we reserve the right to reject the claim and you waive your rights under the claim.
All complaints have to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Customer complaints forwarded to us will be handled within reasonable time but not later than within two weeks.
In the unlikely event you are unhappy with our service, here is how to contact us.